Bhindi Masala always brings to mind a yummy dish, literally floating in oil! I am sure many of you must have refrained from indulging in this subzi because of its obviously high oil-content. I must admit, I am going to write yet another chapter and share with you yet another oily but Yummy and Creamy Bhindi curry.
It was yet another Saturday, Me and my wife was bored of eating same Bhindi Masala recipes or Fried Bhindis week on week. We asked ourselves why cant we invent something new today? Immediately I rang up a call to my Mom asking if she is having any new kind of Bhindi recipe. To my surprise she came up with a new way of cooking Bhindi in Masala recipe. I was not looking for something like this, but my Mom’s idea forced me to think about how to cook Bhindi Masala in Yellow gravy.
I remember visiting one Desi Dhaba on our tour to Shirdi. The menu aspired to look like a true Punjabi dhaba menu and then things go rapidly downhill. The Bhindi jaipuri masala, the desi dal fry, paneer methi are all drowned in so much oil, garam masala and chillies that you half expect to see the cook come running out. Though I was not much satisfied with the dish Bhindi Jaipuri Masala but he was my second inspiration to think something new.
Finally, me and my wife took a pen and papre and mixed up all our experiences together and came up with this new style of cooking Bhindi. We call this dish Malai Bhindi Masala recipe as the dish is full of Oil and Cream. I bet you have never ate anything like this especially cooked with Okra (Bhindi).
- In a bowl, Mix all ingredients listed in Stuffing section.
- Wash and cut the ladies finger (okra/bhindi) into 50mm. (2″) pieces and slit lengthwise carefully, so that the segments do not separate.
- Fill each ladies finger (okra/bhindi) with a little of the prepared filling and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the stuffed ladies finger and mix well. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes. Keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat oil add fenugreek seed, onions, asafoetida (hind), ginger-garlic paste. Fry until onions turn light brown.
- Now add milk and mix well, cover and boil until oil separates. (around 6-8 minutes)
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt as per taste. Mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add cooked ladies finger (okra/bhindi) mix it and cover it, wait for 4 minutes.
- Add grated dry coconut, Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fresh cream mix well and sereve hot. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Enjoy!
- Serve hot with Indian Bread (Chapathi) or Rice (Chawal).
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Curry
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 867
- Sugar: 43.81
- Sodium: 1412
- Fat: 46.19
- Saturated Fat: 14.09
- Carbohydrates: 96.29
- Fiber: 4.2
- Protein: 19.45
- Cholesterol: 0.3
Keywords: bhindi masala,bhindi masala recipe,restaurant style bhindi masala,masala bhindi,dhaba style bhindi masala,bhindi,how to make bhindi masala,bhindi ki sabzi,bhindi recipe,masala bhindi recipe,how to make bhindi ki sabzi,bhindi ki sabji,spicy masala bhindi recipe,bhindi masala curry,masala,bhindi masala gravy recipe,bhindi fry,spicy bhindi sabji,bhindi masala gravy,bhindi masala restaurant style,dahi bhindi