This was enough for a foodie person like me to start researching on one of my all time favorite Karnataka hotel style chutney. I tried different recipes from different YouTube channels and also some blogs, but I was not satisfied with the results.
Then while reading one forum, I realized the secret of karnataka hotel style coconut chutney. It was written that the chutney should be grind thick and slightly coarse. I followed this tips and I was able to crack the code. Only god knows how much effort I spent to make this recipe as close as to hotel style coconut chutney. I used to stand near the pickup area of hotels and used to watch the kitchen activities. My observation here was, they prepare both variants of this chutney. They prepare thick chutney for parcels and diluted chutney for in house servings.
This recipe is outcome of all my spying efforts and research. This recipe is with basic ingredients which is available in your kitchen. I being a Gujarati, when this chutney appeared first time in front of me, i thought by mistake they have served Sandwich chutney instead of Idly chutney. But to my surprise only appearance of this chutney matches with Sandwich chutney. Taste is heavenly.
This chutney can also be prepared as a Jain version, skip garlic and voila the chutney becomes Jain version. Play around with grinding method and some ingredients based on your choice of taste. Whichever way you prepare the chutney, I bet this chutney tastes great. My daughters are not a great fan of chutneys when it comes to eat Idly or Dosas. But when I prepare this chutney, they like it.
So lets see how to make this basic Bangalore hotel style coconut chutney recipe with step by step pictures. And do not forget to subscribe our YouTube Channel for newest recipe videos.
- In a mixie jar, take all the ingredients except water.
- Add the required salt, a pich of sugar & turmeric powder.
- Grind thick and slightly coarse in texture.
- Remove in a bowl and add water to dilute it.
- Temper the chutney, serve with idli or dosa.
- Though skipping garlic is not advised as this will bring in the authentic Bangalore Hotel style recipe. But skipping this will make you a Jain version of chutney.
- Adjust the green leaves as per your taste and colour of chutney. Do not add more curry leaves or Mint leaves, quantity of Coriander leaves should be more for this chutney.
- Avoid Grinding chutney too much. This chutney should have coarse consistency for nutty flavor.
- Category: Chutney
- Method: Blender Recipe
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 3.85
- Sodium: 643
- Fat: 4.11
- Saturated Fat: 0.96
- Carbohydrates: 8.84
- Fiber: 1.7
- Protein: 7.58
- Cholesterol: 0.08
Keywords: bangalore hotel chutney,karnataka hotel style coconut chutney,hotel style chutney in kannada,bangalore hotel style chutney,coconut chutney kannada style,coconut chutney hotel style,karnataka coconut chutney recipe,brahmin style coconut chutney,thengai chutney,kai chutney