Methi Matar Malai is a popular Indian dish that has gained widespread popularity in restaurants around the world. This rich and creamy vegetarian curry is made from fenugreek leaves, green peas, and cream, and has become a staple dish in many Indian restaurants.
What is methi matar malai made of?
Methi Matar Malai is a popular Indian dish made from fenugreek leaves, green peas, and cream. This dish is a rich and creamy vegetarian curry that is perfect for special occasions or for a comforting meal. The combination of the fresh fenugreek leaves and creamy sauce creates a rich and comforting meal. The green peas add a crunchy texture to the dish and the spices add depth of flavor. This dish is perfect for special occasions or for a comforting meal and is sure to become a favorite in your household.
A popular Indian dish that has been enjoyed for generations. This dish is a rich and creamy vegetarian curry that is made from fenugreek leaves, green peas, and cream. The dish has a long history and has been enjoyed by people from different parts of India for many years.
Originis of Methi Matar Malai :
I am not a food Historian, however origins of this dish can be traced back to northern India, where fenugreek leaves and green peas were commonly used in cooking. The dish was originally made with simple ingredients, such as spices, onion, and tomatoes, but over time, it has evolved to include cream, which adds a rich and creamy texture to the dish.
The popularity of this dish is spread throughout India, and it soon became a staple dish in many households. The dish was also enjoyed by royalty, and it was often served at special occasions and festivals.
In modern times, Methi Matar Malai is still a popular dish in India and is enjoyed by people from all walks of life. The dish has also become popular in other countries, and it is now widely available in Indian restaurants around the world.
In conclusion, Methi Matar Malai is a delicious and flavorful dish that has a long and rich history in India. The dish is a testament to the rich culinary heritage of India and continues to be enjoyed by people from different parts of the world. Whether you are a fan of Indian cuisine or just enjoy rich and creamy curries, Methi Matar Malai is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Popularity of Methi Matar Malai in restaurants:
The popularity of Methi Matar Malai in restaurants is due to its unique and delicious flavor. The combination of fresh fenugreek leaves, green peas, and creamy sauce creates a dish that is both flavorful and satisfying. The dish is also versatile and can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish.
Another reason for the popularity of Methi Matar Malai in restaurants is its appeal to a wide range of customers. The dish is vegetarian, making it a popular choice for those who follow a plant-based diet. The dish is also gluten-free, which makes it a good option for people with gluten sensitivities.
Many restaurants have put their own spin on Methi Matar Malai, and have created variations of the dish that cater to different tastes and preferences. For example, some restaurants use coconut milk instead of cream, which gives the dish a unique and exotic flavor. Other restaurants use different spices and herbs, which give the dish a unique twist.
To summarize, Methi Matar Malai is a popular Indian dish that has gained widespread popularity in restaurants around the world. The dish is loved for its unique and delicious flavor, and its appeal to a wide range of customers. Whether you are a fan of Indian cuisine or just enjoy rich and creamy curries, Methi Matar Malai is sure to become a favorite in your local restaurant.
How to cook methi matar malai?
When you checkout our recipe video or ingredients list, the recipe looks very complicated. But to make it simple, we divided recipe into 4 parts.
1. Blanch methi leaves
2. Grind Basic Gravy of Methi matar malai
3. Prepare Cream for your mixture
4. Cook Gravy with Methi leaves and Frozen green peas
5. Finally add cream, cook it no more than 2 mins and wallah, your methi matar malai is ready to be served.
Recipes you might like:
Methi Matar Malai Recipe
The combination of fresh fenugreek leaves, green peas, and creamy sauce creates a dish that is both flavorful and satisfying.
- 1 cup Boiled Green Peas
- 4 cups Methi Leaves
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Jeera
- ½ tsp Asafoetida
- ¼ cup Fresh Cream 50 ml
To be Ground into a smooth paste (using little water, if needed)
- 3 tbsp Charmagaz 50 grams
- ½ tbsp Poppy seeds Khuskhus
- 4 Nos Cloves
- ½ inch Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Cashewnuts
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- ½ inch Ginger
- 3 nos Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Curds
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 pinch Asafoetida hing
- 2 Onions medium size (50 grams)
- To make Methi matar malai, Immerse Fenugreek leaves (Methi) in Salted hot water for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under running cold water. Squeeze out the water and keep aside Blanched methi.
- Prepare Ground Masala.
- Beat Fresh Cream till it becomes fluffy and smooth. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp Ghee and 1 tbsp oil, add Jeera and Asafoetida (hing) and fry till the jeera becomes light brown.
- Add the paste and stir fry for 4 minutes till the masala begins to leaves oil.
- Stir, and add green peas and blanched methi leaves along with 1/2 cup water. Cook for 2-3 minutes or till the gravy thickens.
- Finally add Cream stir and cook for 1 min.
- Serve piping hot with parathas, rotis, etc.
- To Retain Green Colour of Green Peas : Green Peas will retain their original colour, if you add pinch of sugar while boiling.
- If gravy feels too watery sprinkle a dash of flour and stir.
- If too thick, add a few tbsp of milk.
Leave a Reply