No waste of time, quick breakfast recipe. Here is an easy and tasty dissh that can be made in a jiffy with leftover rice, potatoes and onions. You can also add some fresh corianders to garnish. I have used Red chilli powder in this recipe, but that is purely optional. Serve with fresh curds, to complement the spicy nature of this delicacy.
Author: Khyati Ashar
Servings: serves 2
Calories per serving: 243 cals
Potatoes and onion cooked with leftover rice in this dish makes it extremely appealing and also irresistible breakfast due to their aromatic flavours while being cooked.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 potato cut into small cubes
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- a pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt as per taste
- coriander to garnish
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds.
- When seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and saute on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add potato cubes, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and turmeric powder, mix well. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice, red chilli powder, coriander and adjust salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 mintues, while stirring once in between.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.