If we have to prepare a list of Best Gujarati Breakfast, then certainly this dish will make it in Top 10 Gujarati Breakfast Recipes. As we all know, Besan is a key ingredient used in many of the dishes in Gujarat and Rajasthan, and there is no surprise this recipe or dish is also yet another Besan dish. Gujarati’s loves besan, and so is my GrandPa. He never starts his morning without Gram Flour (Besan) Fafda or Papdi (Gujarati Snacks) along with tea.
At times we will have leftover Rice, this Gujarati Gharwada recipe can be prepared easily and within no time. Gharwada is a Gujarati Breakfast snack which is in shape of Tikkis. So, we can also name it as a Leftover Rice Tikki if you also feel like Kareena Kapoor that Gujarati Dishes are inspired by Weapon names. 🙂
Jokes apart, lets learn how to cook quick Gujarati Breakfast dish – Gharwada. Don’t forget to subscribe our YouTube Channel FoodiBlog for new recipes.
Other Rice Recipes you may like:
Leftover Rice Pancake (Tikki) Recipe | गुजराती घारवडा बनाना सिखीये
- 2 cups Rice चावल
- 1/2 cup Garlic दही
- 2 medium size onion प्याज
- Green Chillies हरी मिर्च
- 1 cup Gram Flour Besan (बेसन)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander हरा धनिया
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder हल्दी
- 1.5 tsp red chilli powder लाल मिर्च
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida हींग
- oil to fry (तेल)
- salt to taste (नमक)
Soaking Leftover Rice :
- Mix Rice and Curd in a bowl and soak it overnight or at least 4-5 hours.
Method to prepare:
- Mix Green chillies, fresh coriander, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, asaofoetida and salt in Curd and Rice mixture. Mix well. (Usually curd will have sufficient water, but if and only if you feel the water is not enough, use very less amount of water. I never add water)
- For flat balls or tikkis by greasing your hands with oil.
- Shallow fry this flat balls/tikkis in a pan with some oil.
- Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup and Tea.
- Chef's Tip: If your curd is not sour enough, add some lemon while adding other masalas. Usually, natural curd's sourness is enough.