by Arpit, Published: February 03, 2014
Nargisi Koftas are specialty of Moghlai cuisine and served as snacks as well as mealtime accompaniments. The specific feature of this cuisine is that almost all ingredients are browned and being cooked, whether it is onions or cashew nuts.
In this recipe of Paneer Nargisi Kofta as well, we almost followed the same Moghlai tradition.
I served Paneer Nargisi Kofta with Daal, Jeera Rice and Chapathi. How will you serve it? Share it with us.
Yield: Serves 4
250 grams Cottage Cheese (पनीर)
1 tsp turmeric powder (हल्दी)
1 tsp corn flour (मक्के का आटा)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (जीरा)
1/2 tsp cumin powder (जीरा पावडर)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (लाल मीर्च पावडर)
1 tsp garam masala (गरम मसाला)
1/2 tsp sugar (चीनी)
3 ground onion (प्याज)
1 cup fresh coriander leaves (धनीये के पत्ते)
4 tbsp curd , hung curd is preferred (दही बंधा हुआ)
oil , for frying (तेल)
salt , to taste (नमक)
2. Add 1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric powder) to one portion and corn flour to the other portion.
3. Mix salt to taste in both the portions. Form into small yellow balls like the yolk of egg from the first portions and cover with white paneer (cottage cheese).
4. Deep fry in oil and reserve.
5. Heat 2 spoon of oil and fry cumin seeds (jeera). Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, ground onions and salt and sugar to taste.
6. Fry till the gravy separates from the oil. Add beaten curd and water if required. Simmer till the gravy is creamy.
7. Add the koftas just before serving and serve garnished with coriander leaves.