This nutty Gajar Ka Halwa with my special trick is definately a mouth watering version of the Gajar Halwa you have ever tried.
Carrot Halwa or Gajar ka Halwa is prepared almost in all parts of India. However Gajar ka Halwa is very famous in Uttar Pradesh. When we talk about Uttar Pradesh the first thing in our mind comes is Paneer curries and various kind of milk products. So here I share a recipe of my version of Gajar Ka Halwa which has reach flavour of Carrot, Milk, Cream, mawa and dry fruits. Belive me, this is deadly combo and people will crave for it again and again. Try it to believe it!!!
Nutty Gajar ka Halwa (गाजर का हल्वा)
- 1 kg red carrot लाल गाजर/हल्वा गाजर
- 1 cup milk दुध
- 1.5 cup sugar चीनी
- 2 tbsp clarified butter घी
- 1 cup Khoya खोया
- 2 tbsp cream मलाय
- 8 chopped almond बादाम
- 8 chopped cashew nut काजु
- 12 raisins कीस्मीस
- 5 cardamom हरी एलाइची
- 8 chopped pista पीस्ता
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- In a clean heavy bottomed kadai, add the carrots and milk and cook covered for 10 minutes and then uncovered for 5 minutes until the milk is reduced completely.
- Add sugar and fry again until sugar is dissolved.
- Add Khoya, clarified butter (ghee) and cream and fry again until halwa leaves kadai from side. (Adding cream is my special trick for giving carrot halwa a nutty flavour.)
- Garnish with Dry fruits (almonds, cashewnuts, raisins and pista)
- Switch off the flame, add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot.