This delicious cheese, olive and sun-dried tomato topped bread is perfect with pasta and would also double up as a welcome appetiser!
Cut this loaf into bite size pieces – -perfect for parties, buffets and serving with pre-dinner drinks.
Preparation Time : 5 mins.
Cooking Time : 5 mins.
4 hot dog rolls
To be mixed into a topping
10 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water and chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon chilli flakes
1 cup cooking or mozzarella cheese, grated
8 nos. black olives, deseeded and sliced
8 nos. stuffed green olives, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil or oil
salt to taste
1. Cut each hot dog roll lengthwise into two.
2. Divide the topping into 8 equal portions.
3. Spread each portion of the topping on each cut side of the hot dog roll.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese has just melted.
5. Cut into pieces and serve hot.
You will find sun-dried tomatoes available dry or preserved in olive oil at gourmet stores. If you are using sun-dried tomatoes preserved in olive oil