Olives are almost always served in Italy, a custom that comes down from Roman times. Pickled olives have been served as a snack or after a meal along with cheese for hundreds of years.
A combination of truly authentic Italian flavours, cream cheese, perked up with olives and celery make this delightful recipe.
If you make the dip in advance, store it in the refrigerator. Mix in a tablespoon of cream if the dip become too dry when serving.
If the paneer is not fresh and creamy, try using a little cream and smoothen the paneer by making a fine puree in the blender.
There is no limit to what you can serve this dip with. For example, crackers, potato chips, toast, pieces of fresh vegetables-the combinations are endless and of course divine! You can even use this dip as a sandwich spread.
How to make Olive Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh paneer cottage cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons cheese spread
- 6 to 8 black olives deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- salt to taste
- Combine the paneer, fresh cream and cheese spread in a bowl and mix well till it is smooth and creamy.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix again. Refrigerate.
- Serve with crackers, breadsticks and vegetable sticks like carrots, celery, capsicum etc.
Leave a Reply