Oats are a rich source of soluble fibre ‘Beta-glucan’, which is a potent cholesterol-lowering agent. Serve these rotis hot with fresh low fat curds (dahi) for a really healthy treat.
Oatas Roti / Masala Oats Roti is a healthy version on Indian Bread which can be served for Breakfast as well as main course.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour gehun ka atta
- ½ cup quick rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped green chillies
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Whole wheat flour gehun ka atta for rolling
- Fresh low fat curds dahi
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into stiff dough using a little water.
- Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Shape into round balls and roll each ball into 125 mm. (5") diameter rounds using little flour.
- Cook on a tava (griddle) on both sides till brown spots appear.
- Serve hot with fresh low fat curds.
Leave a Reply