Oats are a great substitute for low fibre maida and raisins are the least fat containing dry fruits, making these biscuits healthy and tasty. Raisins also lend their sweetness to the biscuits, reducing the required sugar content.
OAT AND RAISIN BISCUITS
- 3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour gehun ka atta
- 1/4 cup raisins kismis
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and divide into 9 equal portions.
- Grease a baking tray lightly and place a sheet of grease proof paper on top.
- Place the mixture on the greased and lined baking tray and flatten each round with the back of a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes at 180°C (360°F) or until the cookies are baked.
- Peel them off the baking tray and cool on cooling racks.
- Store in an air-tight container.