You might have ate many Vadas like Medu vada, Bhajjis, Onion Bhajjis, etc. but this Moong Daal Wada recipe is one of my favourite. One of the place where I dont forget to eat it is on Baroda Railway Station. This is our not to miss order whenever our train passes through Baroda Station. The wadas are served with Green Chillis and trust me this is match made in heaven.
Moong Daal wada is prepared in different parts of India with different names and recipes. This recipe is inspired by my Grandpa. I remember, in my childhood he prepared it the way it is described in this recipe. Moong Daal wada is best with the tea as an evening snacks or morning breakfast. This wada is packed with full of protien to quickly fill your tummy.
So lets gobble on this quick Moong Daal Wada recipe. Don’t forget to like and subscribe our YouTube Channel FoodiBlog for new recipes.
Other Interesting Recipes:
Moong Dal Wada Recipe | (गुजराती मूंग दाल वडा बनाना सिखीये / रेसिपी)
- 2 cupsSplit Yellow lentils (moong daal) (मूंग दाल)
- 4 tbsp uncooked Rice चावल
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander हरा धनिया
- 1/2 inch ginger अदरक
- 4-5 Green Chillies हरी मिर्च
- a pinch of baking soda खाने का सोडा
- oil to fry (तेल)
- salt to taste (नमक)
Soaking Split Yellow Moong Daal and Rice :
- Soak Moong Daal and Rice in a bowl with warm water for at least 4-5 hours.
Grind to Paste:
- Green Chillies, Ginger, Coriander leaves
- Coarsely Grind Soaked Moong Daal and Rice.
Method to prepare:
- Mix both the above paste. (Refer our video to see how coarse Moong Daal mixture should be. It should have same consistency for crispier wadas)
- Make round flat balls with your hands and fry till light brown.
- Fry second time by flattening Wadas with your palms or small katori. Flattening wadas will make it more crispier.
- Serve hot with Fresh Green Chillies. I prefer spiciest one and Tea.
Leave a Reply