A simple and subtle blend of ingredients shaped on a skewer and grilled to create seekh kebabs….. of a vegetarian kind. You can even shape them into tikkis and shallow fry if you like.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Makes 4 kebabas.
1 cup sweet corn, boiled
1 cup potato, boiled and grated
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
2 green chillies, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon garam masala
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 to 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
salt to taste
oil for grilling
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
3. Using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the corn mixture on it using your fingers to make a 100 mm. (4″) long kebab.
4. Brush each kebab generously with a little oil.
5. Cook the kebabs over a charcoal or electric barbeque till the kebabs are evenly browned (approx. 3 to 4 minutes), on all sides.
6. Cut into pieces and serve hot with green chutney.
If you do not have metal skewers use thin breadsticks instead. The will make interesting edible skewers.