Sesame seeds and potatoes make a great combination.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
16 baby potatoes
1/8 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
4 to 6 curry leaves
2 teaspoons ginger-green chilli paste
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds (til), roasted
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons oil
salt to taste
For the garnish
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1 green chilli, chopped
1. Parboil the poatatoes in salted water. Peel and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves. When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli paste and stir for some time.
3. Add the potatoes, turmeric powder and salt and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook on a slow flame till all the moisture has evaporated and the potatoes are cooked.
5. Remove from the fire, add the sesame seeds and lemon juice and mix well.
6. Garnish with the coriander and green chilli and serve hot.
Leave a Reply