Preparation Time : 15 mins.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Makes 4 rotis.
For the rotis
2 cups bajra flour (black millet flour)
1 tbsp oil
a pinch salt
To be mixed together for the stuffing
½ cup finely chopped chawli (long beans)
½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped coriander
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
bajra flour (black millet flour) for rolling
melted unsalted butter for cooking
dry garlic chutney to serve
For the rotis
1. Mix the bajra flour, wheat flour, oil and salt and enough hot water to make a soft dough.
2. Knead well. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
3. Roll out each portion of the dough thinly into circles of 200 mm. (4″) diamete.
4. Lightly cook the bajra rotis on a tava (griddle) on both sides. Keep aside.
For the stuffing
1. Combine the chawli, green chillies, garlic and coriander in a blender or a food processor without using any water to make a coarse paste.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the asafoetida and salt and the ground chawli mixture and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Cool and divide the mixture into 4 portions.
How to proceed
1. Spread one portion of the filling on one cooked bajra roti. Then place another bajra roti on top and press the sides so that the filling gets sealed between the two rotis.
2. Cook the stuffed roti on a tava (griddle) on both sides using a little ghee, till both sides are golden brown.
3. Repeat for the remaining rotis and stuffing to make 3 more paraths/.
4. Serve hot.
Leave a Reply