by Arpit, Published: September 05, 2013
A unique but delicious Rajkot’s favorite Dinner, Chapdi Undhiyu is here for you all.
Important ingredient in this dish is Wheat flour coarsely ground. In some places we call them as Daliya, some poeple tell it as Small Lapsi Rawa and in Gujarat this flour is famous as Bhakhri no Lot. So wherever you are located in this world, I believe you will definately find any of this variant of flour to make this delicious dish at home.
How to Eat it? Chapdi Undhiyu is originated from Rajkot and it should be consumed like Daal Baati. Means before you start eating Chapdis, you should crush them with your palms/hand. Once done you should pour in Undhiyu in this, mix it and gupp it. Chopped Onions, Butter Milk and Papads goes really well with Chapdi Undhiyu.
Yield: Serves 4
2 cup Coarse wheat flour (दलीया)
1/2 cup Semolina (रवा)
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds (तील)
1 tsp Cumin seeds (जीरा)
3/4th cup Oil , (तेल)
Salt to taste (नमक)
Oil , for frying (तेल)
2 medium sizeBrinjal , chopped (बैगन)
2 medium sizePotato , chopped (आलु)
1 cup Cabbage , chopped (पत्ता गोबी)
1 cup Green peas (मटर)
4 medium sizeTomatoes , chopped (टमाटर)
4 Onions , chopped (प्याज)
2 tsp Ginger garlic paste (अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट)
2 tsp Red chilli powder (लाल मीर्च)
1 pinch Asafoetedia (हींग)
1 tbsp Coriander powder (धनीया पाव्डर)
1 tbsp Cumin powder (जीरा पाव्डर)
1 tsp Turmeric (हल्दी)
1 tbsp Garam masala (गरम मसाला)
Salt to taste (नमक)
4 tbsp Oil , (तेल)
1/2 cup Green coriander leaves , chopped (हरा धनीया)
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Make dough with the help of water for 2-3 chapadis at a time. (Dont make dough once at a time, else Chapadis will not taste good)
3. Chapadi dough should be very stiff (like Bhakri). Take apple size dough in your hand and gently press it to form chapadis. Make sure edges of chapadis do not break. Thickness of chapadi should remain around 1-1.5 cms.
4. Deep fry chapadis till golden brown and crispy.
1. Heat oil in kadai (pan).
2. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric and hing.
3. Add all vegetables excluding tomatoes with 1/2 cup of water and salt. Allow vegetables to cook for 10-15 minutes. If required stir them in between.
4. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add Corriander, Cumin, Red chilli powder along with Garam masala with 2 cup of water. Cook this till Oil floats above water.
6. Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve hot.