Salads can be healthy, satisfying meals on their own or perfect accompaniments to main dishes. This Salad combines flavour of spinach and garlic which sets it a Class apart! But before trying this out, keep in mind Garlic should be added as per your Taste buds.
Lehsuni Aloo Palak Raita (Spinach Potato with Garlic Dressing)
- 50 grams finely chopped/minced/crushed Garlic
- 1 cup Thick Curd
- 1/4 cup Milk Powder
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- mustard powder to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- 3 cups shredded Spinach
- 4 cups boiled Baby Potatoes / Potatoes cut into small cubes
For the garlic dressing
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Refrigerate to chill.
How to proceed
- Put the spinach in a bowl of ice-cold water for half an hour.
- Drain, wrap in a muslin cloth and refrigerate till ready to serve.
- Refrigerate the potatoes in another bowl till ready to serve.
- Just before serving, combine the spinach and potatoes in a salad bowl, pour the dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- Immersing spinach in ice - cold water will keep the leaves crisp and fresh for a longer time.