Yummylicious fresh pineapple or banana slices grilled with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Flaming them with rum or brandy makes a befitting finale to a colourful barbeque and definitely adds more life to this dessert.
Cooking Time : 10 mins.
Preparation Time : 15 mins.
8 pineapple slices
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon (dalchini) powder
1 tablespoon brandy or rum (optional)
1. Combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and cream the mixture till it is soft and creamy.
2. Using a knife, spread an even layer of the creamed butter mixture on both sides of each pineapple slice.
3. Grill the pineapple slices on both sides over a charcoal or electric barbeque till they are lightly browned.
4. Pour the brandy in a ladle and warm it lightly. Pour over the pineapples and set it alight, allowing them to get flambéed.
5. Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
You can also use bananas with the same marinade.
Leave a Reply