Khajur imli ki chutney, is a traditional and very common one, but never fails to impress. It is a safe bet to serve during any party as you can be sure your guests will like it. It goes well with all Indian Snacks like Bhajiya, Paatra, Dhokla, etc.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Makes 2.5 cups
1 cup deseeded dates (खजुर)
2 tbsp deseeded tamarind (इमली)
1/2 cup grated jaggery (गुड)
1/2 tsp chilli powder (लाल मीर्च)
1 tsp cumin seeds powder (जीरा पाव्डर)
salt to taste
1. Clean and wash the dates and tamarind.
2. Add the jaggery and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
3. Allow the steam to escape and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
4. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
5. Add 1 cup of water, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well. Use as required. Store refrigerated.
Leave a Reply