by Arpit, Published: September 20, 2011
Recently we ordered out our new Morphy Richards Waffle, Toast and Grill toaster. And I was very much excited to use it anyhow. I quickly digged to down to Internet and by mixing and matching I discovered this recipe. Recipe describes Crisp, hot waffles served with melted butter and honey. There is no doubt that these waffles are always a welcome surprise for breakfast. These waffles really tastes best when they are freshly prepared and eaten! Waffles irons come in many shapes and sizes and this batter works well in all of them. The cooking times may vary slightly depending on the type of waffle iron you are using.
Yield: Makes 3
1 cup plain flour (मेदा)
1/4 cup cornflour (मकाय का आटा)
1/4 tsp baking powder (बकिंग पावडर)
1 tsp (5 grams) crumbled fresh yeastor Dry yeast (as per guidlines below) (खमिर)
3 tsp sugar (चीनी)
1/4 cup butter, melted (बटर)
3/4 cup milk (दूध)
a pinch of salt (नमक)
butter for cooking (बटर)
melted butter (बटर)
2. Dissolve the yeast in 3 tablespoons of lukewarm water.
3. Add the yeast solution, sugar, melted butter, milk and salt to the flour mixture and whisk well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Heat a waffle iron and brush it with butter.
5. Pour 1/3 of the prepared batter in the waffle iron and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 2 minutes or until the waffle is golden brown.
7. Repeat for the remaining batter to make 2 more waffles.
8. Serve hot with honey and melted butter.
You can use 1/2 teaspoon of dried yeast, activated in lukewarm water, instead of the fresh yeast for the above recipe.