Gujarati Garlic Chutney recipe | lasan ni chutney | Red chilli garlic chutney | Wet garlic Chutney | lasun chutney | lehsun ki chutney | with amazing step by step images
About This Recipe
This garlic chutney recipe is made from garlic and chilli powder and hence also called Red Chilli Garlic Chutney. This chutney is a fiery red accompaniment that is often used in various Gujarati curries or also can be eaten with Gujarati Breads, Bhakri or Rotla.
Traditionally this chutney was prepared on a big stone, which is called ‘Silbatta’, a time consuming process that helps exercise your muschles. But with modern technology, Gujarati Garlic Chutney is prepared in no time using blender.
There are many versions of this chutney and its made in multiple ways even in Gujarati households. Few adds Jaggery and some adds lemon juice, but trust me the end result is always a fiery affair.
Where to use Garlic Chutney?
- In Curries: Gujarati curries often use this chutney to enhance flavours. One of the example is Gujarati Dhokli Nu Shaak.
- Chaats: Adding water to this chutney, will make you instant goto chaat accomopaniments.
- Farsaan (Snacks) Accompaniments: Gujartis love garlic chutney with various Farsan (Snacks) like having Garlic chutney with Peanut oil when eating Steamed Dhokla, another example Jamnagari Ghughra with water based variation of this chutney and few more to list Tikha Mora, Bhel, Sev Puri, Bread Katka, etc.
How to make Lasan ni Chutney / Garlic Red Chilli Chutney?Print
- 1 cup peeled garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ chilli powder lal mirch
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Jaggery powder
- Add Peeled Garlic and Salt to a blender jar. Blend it until smooth paste forms.
- Add Chilli powder to the blender jar and again blend it until chilli powder is mixed well.
- Now add jaggery powder followed by one more stir in a blender.
- Add oil and give a final blend.
- Store it in a air tight container in Refrigerator for 3-4 months.
- Do not add water while blending. This increases shelf life of chutney.
- If you by any chance add water, store it in Freezer to prolong Chutney’s shelf life.
- Peeling Garlic Faster : There are many ways that can help you peel garlic faster like placing the garlic clove flat on a chopping board and push down a knife from the flat side firmly. The clove breaks and you can easily peel away the skin. Also, you can slice away the hard, thin and brown “top” on the clove which can aid in peeling.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Chutney
- Method: Blender Recipes
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 48 kcal
- Sugar: 1.05 g
- Sodium: 88 mg
- Fat: 2.09 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.214 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.112 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.03 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 1.03 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Lasan ni chutney, Gujarati Garlic Chutney recipe, Red chilli garlic chutney, Wet garlic Chutney, lasun chutney, lehsun ki chutney