Peas pulao! microwave recipe, is one of the simplest and flavourful pulao (pilau) rice preparations that you want to cook again and again because its easy and quick.
Inspiration of Peas Pulao in Microwave:
Microwave ovens have now earned a place in most Indian homes. Even Basic Studio apartments now a days have Microwave. One can whip up an entire Indian meal in the microwave. It also tends to be low-fat and hence is good for calorie watchers. Peas Pulao in Microwave recipe is one of my goto recipe when I am in hurry. This flavorsome easy microwave pulao recipe is modified to provide the modern homemaker a guide to effortless cooking.
Origin of Pulao and Green Peas Pulao:
Traditionally in Luckhnow and central states, pulaos were of many varieties and often used several ingredients together. In fact, pulaos were considered to be more exotic and special than biryanis, which were thought to be rough and ready. The basic difference between boiled rice and pulao rice is not the use of spices but the method of cooking. Boiled rice may well be cooked with spices, but the cooking liquid is drained away at the end, similar to when cooking pasta.
For this Microwave based Green Peas Pulao rice, it is important to use just the right quanity of water, as all should be absorbed when the rice is done.
Rice has more flavour and nutrients when cooked by the pulao method.
Cooking Peas Pulao in Microwave:
- Making peas pulao in the microwave retains the colour and crunchiness of the peas, the texture of the rice, and the sweetness of the spices better than other cooking methods.
- Microwave cooking also helps in retaining mild fragrance of condiments that emanates when this Peas Pulao is cooked.
- The frangrance transforms your kitchen into a heavenly location!
Peas Pulao in Microwave recipe, is kids favourite. Kids like to safely order peas pulao when you take them to a new restaurant. Reason? Its quite simple dish and difficult to spoil.
Some Interesting Recipes:Print
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 4 cardamom
- 1 cup long grain rice (chawal) (basmati), cleaned and washed
- 3/4 cup green peas
- salt to taste
- Soak Basmati Rice for 15 minutes
- Put the rice in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the cumin seeds, cardamom, rice, green peas, salt and 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover and microwave on high for 14 minutes, stirring twice in between after every 5 minutes (stirring is optional).
- Serve immediately. You may want to garnish Peas pulao with fried onions and mint spring.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: Rice Dish
- Method: Microwave Cooking
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: peas pulao, green peas pulao, mutter pulao recipe, how to make mutter pulao in microwave
Green Peas Pulao in Microwave – Step by Step Recipe
1. Soak Basmati Rice for 15 minutes.
2. To start Green Peas Pulao recipe in Microwave, put the rice in a microwave safe bowl. Suggested Microwave safe bowls like Plastic Microwave rice cooker or Glass Bowl. Metal bowls should not be used in Microwave. To the bowl, add cumin seeds, cardamom, rice, green peas, salt and 2 cups of water and mix well.
3. Cover and microwave on high for 14 minutes, stirring twice in between after every 5 minutes (stirring is optional).
4. It is recommended to allow Green Peas pulao, a 5 minutes standing time in Microwave. Once done, gently stir rice preventing Basmati rice breaking.
5. Serve immediately. You may want to garnish Peas pulao with fried onions and mint spring.