A quick tiffin/dabba dish when muthias are ready and you have less time. I thought of making dish when I had a Muthias as a leftover when I prepared Undhiyu last weekend.
- 1 cup yellow moong dal (पीली मुंग दाल)
- 7–8 nos. muthiya recipe (मुठीया रेसीपी)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste (अदरक लेहसुन की पेस्ट)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (लाल मीर्च)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (हल्दी)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes (टमाटर)
- 2 tbsp oil (तेल)
- salt , as per taste (नमक)
- for garnishing, fresh coriander (धनीया पत्ता)
- a pinch of asafoetida (हींग)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds (राय)
- Boil Yellow moong daal in pressure cooker for 1 whistle. (Moong dal should remain whole) Sieve through to remove water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add asafoetida (hing). Add ginger garlic paste and chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and saute it until raw smell disappears.
- Add Moong Dal and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of water and once everything mixes together and dal comes to a thick consistency add muthias.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes (Until muthias are soft). Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Wheat Rotis or Jawar Rotis OR rice.
- Category: Daals
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: muthiya recipe, muthiya daal recipe, dal recipe