A quick tiffin/dabba dish when muthias are ready and you have less time. I thought of making dish when I had a Muthias as a leftover when I prepared Undhiyu last weekend.
Muthiya Mung Dal curry recipe (मुठीया मुंग दाल की सबजी)
- 1 cup yellow moong dal पीली मुंग दाल
- 7-8 nos. muthiya recipe मुठीया रेसीपी
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste अदरक लेहसुन की पेस्ट
- 1 tsp red chilli powder लाल मीर्च
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder हल्दी
- 2 medium sized tomatoes टमाटर
- 2 tbsp oil तेल
- salt as per taste (नमक)
- for garnishing fresh coriander (धनीया पत्ता)
- a pinch of asafoetida हींग
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds राय
- Boil Yellow moong daal in pressure cooker for 1 whistle. (Moong dal should remain whole) Sieve through to remove water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add asafoetida (hing). Add ginger garlic paste and chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and saute it until raw smell disappears.
- Add Moong Dal and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of water and once everything mixes together and dal comes to a thick consistency add muthias.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes (Until muthias are soft). Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Wheat Rotis or Jawar Rotis OR rice.