by Arpit, Published: February 11, 2014
This Methi pulao is one of the easiest and my favourite recipe. You can cook this pulao whenever you are in hurry and want to dishout a delicious dish.
Tip: While many people love the bitter-strong taste of methi (like me), others find it too bitter. So, it would be wise to add salt and squeeze out the water before using fenugree leaves, in order to remove the bitterness.
Yield: Serves 4
2 cups basmati rice (बासमती चावल)
2 cloves (लवंग)
1 cardamom (इलायची)
1 (1 inch) cinnamon stick (दालचीनी)
1 bay leaf (तेज पत्ता)
salt , to taste (नमक)
1 bunch fresh methi leaves (हरी मेथी)
1 medium onion (प्याज)
5 green chillies (हरी मीर्च)
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (अदरक लेहसुन की पेस्ट)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (हल्दी)
2 tbsp oil + for boiling rice (तेल)
2. Soak 2 cups rice for half and hour.
3. To be ground to paste: a medium sized onion, ginger, garlic and green chilles with little water and set aside.
4. In a pan take oil and put in whole garam masala (cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves). Fry for a while and add in the ground paste of onion mixture. Add turmeric.
5. Keep stirring it till the onion loses it’s raw smell. Add water if need in between.
6. Then to this add the methi leaves which are raw. Keep stirring/frying for sometime until you get the nice smell of methi.
7. Drain the rice and add it to it. Fry for while. 8. Add the required amount of water needed for the rice, add salt and a few drops of oil on it (so that rice will not become sticky) and cook in the pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
8. The most yummiest dish out of methi is ready. Serve hot with raita.
Leave a Reply