by Arpit, Published: January 21, 2014
Gobi paratha is one of my favourite breakfast. This Gobi paratha recipe is straight from my Mom’s kitchen and I really love the way she cooks the paratha.
So what are you waiting for? Rush into your kitchen to prepare this gorgeous Gobi Paratha.
Soaking time: 2 hours
Yield: Serves 4
1 cup wheat flour (गेहु का आटा)
1/2 cup all purpose flour (मैदा)
3 tsp oil (तेल)
salt , to taste (नमक)
2 cup finely chopped Cauliflower (फुलगोबी)
1/2 cup chopped Coriander leaves (हरा धनीया)
3/4 tsp finely chopped Ginger (अदरक)
1 chopped Green chilly (हरी मीर्च)
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी)
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder (गरम मसाला)
3/4 tsp Red chilly powder (लाल मीर्च)
a pinch of Asafoetida (हिंग)
1 tsp Cumin seeds (जीरा)
salt and oil as required (नमक और तेल)
1. Mix wheat flour and maida with salt and oil, well.
2. Then prepare a soft dough by adding warm water to the flour (it should not be stiff but soft).
3. Allow dough to rest for at least 1 hour.
1. Grate or Finely chop cauliflower.
2. Keep ready the other ingredients required for the stuffing and heat a broad kadai.
3. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger, green chilli and fry for a minute.
4. Then add the grated cauliflower, fry for a minute and add turmeric, red chilli and garam masala powders, coriander leaves and sprinkle salt (Adjust salt as per taste, please remember we have also added salt in Dough).
5. Fry in high flame for 5-6 minutes, with constant stirring until cauliflower turns soft and reduced in half. Transfer to a bowl after done and cool down.
1. Take the prepared dough and roll into balls of big gooseberry size.
2. Roll the balls into small chapattis (puris) and keep aside. Spread at least 2 tablespoon of the stuffing. Close it towards the centre (to make potlis or small bags), pinch and flatten.
3. Roll this sealed chapattis once againg gently.
4. Heat tawa and add little oil and cook it both sides on a hot tawa.
5. Serve hot with any kind of raitha, curd or simply with pickle.