by Arpit, Published: July 10, 2013
A healthy replacement to those Boring Chapathi and Sabji is here. This easy Sprout Frankie can be assembled within 5 minutes and are ready to gorge on anytime. Another unique addition to the frankie is the amazing mint and low-fat curd dressing that refreshes you without piling on extra calories.
So what are you waiting for, let us start cooking this delicious Sprouts Frankie.
Yield: Makes 4 frankie
For Masala Sprouts Fry:
2 tsp boiled and gratedOil (तेल)
2 tsp Ginger garlic paste (अदरक लहसून पेस्ट)
3/4 cup Onions (प्याज)
1 1/2 cups Finely chopped Mixed Sprouts (चना, मूंग, मटकी)
1/2 cup boiled Potatoes (आलू)
1/2 tsp boiled, peeled and mashed Turmeric powder (हल्दी)
2 tsp Chilli powder (लाल मीर्च पाव्डर)
1/4 cup Finely chopped Corriander (हरा धनीया)
1 tsp Lemon Juice (नीम्बू का रस)
Salt to taste (नमक)
To be mixed into a Curd and Mint Dressing:
3/4 cup Curd (दही)
3 tbsp Finely chopped Mint Leaves (पुदीना)
1/4 tsp Mustard powder (राय/सर्सो)
1/4 tsp Powdered Sugar (चीनी)
Salt to taste (नमक)
1 cup Onion Rings (प्याज)
Chaat Masala to taste (चाट मसाला)
4 Rotis (चपाती)
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and spring onion whites and sauté till the onions turn translucent. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the spring onions from burning.
2. Add the mixed sprouts, potatoes, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the coriander, lemon juice and salt, mix well and keep aside to cool.
How to proceed
1. Combine the onion rings with chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
2. Place a roti on a clean dry surface and arrange ¼th of the sprouts stir-fry in a row in the centre of the roti.
3. Arrange ¼ cup of onion rings and ¼th of the mint dressing over it and roll it up tightly.
4. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
5. Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.