A healthy replacement to those Boring Chapathi and Sabji is here. This easy Sprout Frankie can be assembled within 5 minutes and are ready to gorge on anytime. Another unique addition to the frankie is the amazing mint and low-fat curd dressing that refreshes you without piling on extra calories.
So what are you waiting for, let us start cooking this delicious Sprouts Frankie.
Sprouts Frankie, Quick and Easy recipe
For Masala Sprouts Fry:
- 2 tsp Oil तेल
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste अदरक लहसून पेस्ट
- 3/4 cup Onions प्याज
- 1 1/2 cups Finely chopped Mixed Sprouts चना, मूंग, मटकी
- 1/2 cup boiled Potatoes आलू
- 1/2 tsp boiled peeled and mashed Turmeric powder (हल्दी)
- 2 tsp Chilli powder लाल मीर्च पाव्डर
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped Corriander हरा धनीया
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice नीम्बू का रस
- Salt to taste नमक
To be mixed into a Curd and Mint Dressing:
- 3/4 cup Curd दही
- 3 tbsp Finely chopped Mint Leaves पुदीना
- 1/4 tsp Mustard powder राय/सर्सो
- 1/4 tsp Powdered Sugar चीनी
- Salt to taste नमक
- 1 cup Onion Rings प्याज
- Chaat Masala to taste चाट मसाला
- 4 Rotis चपाती
For the sprouts stir-fry
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and spring onion whites and sauté till the onions turn translucent. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the spring onions from burning.
- Add the mixed sprouts, potatoes, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, lemon juice and salt, mix well and keep aside to cool.
How to proceed
- Combine the onion rings with chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and arrange ¼th of the sprouts stir-fry in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange ¼ cup of onion rings and ¼th of the mint dressing over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each wrap and serve immediately.