by Arpit, Published: July 10, 2013
A tasty Paneer (cottage cheese) recipe for those who don’t care about calories. Paneer is blended with lots of cream and good amount of spices to compliment this dish.
Yield: Serves 4
200 gms Cottage cheese , cut into pieces (पनीर)
3 Onions , sliced (प्याज)
1 inch Ginger piece (अदरक)
10-12 Garlic cloves (लेह्सून की कलीया)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी)
1/2 tsp Salt to taste (नमक)
1 Bay leaf (तेज पत्ता)
a pinch Green cardamom powder (एलाय्ची पावडर)
2-3 Green chillies , broken (हरी मीर्च)
1 1/2 cup Cream (क्रीम)
1 tsp Cumin seeds (जीरा)
Black peppercorns , crushed (काली मीर्च)
Dried mango powder (आमच्र्र पाव्डर)
Fresh coriander leaves , chopped for garnishing (हरा धनीया)
2. Chop garlic and ginger and add.
3. Break green chillies and add and saute.
4. Add turmeric powder and saute. Transfer mixture into a jar let it cool.
5. Meanwhile cut paneer (cottage cheese) into squares.
6. Grind the onion mixture with about 1/2 cup water.
7. Heat 1 tsp oil in another non-stick pan and add cumin seeds and bay leaf and saute till lightly coloured. Add the ground mixture and continue to saute.
8. Add dried mango powder and salt and mix.
9. Add 1/2 cup water, 1 1/2 cups cream and mix. Add paneer pieces, half the crushed peppercorns and green cardamom powder and mix well.
10. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with remaining crushed black peppercorns and coriander leaves and serve hot.
Paneer Malai is a great preparation of paneer.A good dish to go with Jeera Rice.