by Arpit, Published: May 15, 2012
Soya and Mutter cooked together in a Royal Style. This dish is rich, creamy and finger licking delicious.
Want to make this dish in hurry? Here’s few tips:
Boiled onion paste and tomato puree can be made and stored in the refrigerator to be used as required. This saves considerable amount of time while cooking. Boiled onion paste imparts a good flavour and reduces the cooking time.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
1 tbsp soya oil (सोया तेल)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (जीरा)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste (अद्रक-लेहसुन पेस्ट)
1/4 cup boiled onion paste (प्याज)
1/4 cup fresh tomato puree (ट्माटर)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (हलदी)
1 tsp chilli powder (लाल मीर्च)
1/2 tsp garam masala (गरम मसाला)
1/2 tsp sugar (चीनी)
salt to taste (नमक)
1/2 cup boiled green peas (हरे मटर)
1/4 cup soaked and roughly chopped soya nuggets (सोया नगेटस/मील मेकर)
1 tbsp fresh cream (क्रीम)
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania) for garnishing (हरा धनीया)
2. When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and boiled onion paste and sauté till it turns golden brown in colour.
3. Lower the flame, add the tomato purée and sauté till the mixture leaves oil.
4. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons water and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes while stirring continuously.
5. Add the green peas and soya chunks, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the cream and mix well.
7. Serve hot garnished with coriander.