by Arpit, Published: September 13, 2011
Every morning we might wake up with a thought, “What shall we have for Breakfast? Poha, Idli, Upma and Dosa are all out dated stuffs, there is absolutely no fun in eating it.
I heard from one of my friend that she used to add green peas to Poha. This inspired me to use kabuli chana in Poha. This is unusual combination but these Poha Chanawala dish is extremely tasty and innovative.
I bet it will become part of your daily breakfast menu. This Poha dish can also go well if packed in Children’s Lunchboxes.
Soaking time: 6 hours
Yield: Serves 4
2 cups poha (beaten rice) (पोहा)
1/3 cup kabuli chana (white chick peas) (काबुली चना)
1 onion, chopped (प्याज)
1 green chilli, chopped (हरी मीर्च)
1 tomato , chopped (टमाटर)
2 tsp lemon juice (निँबु)
1 tbsp oil (तेल)
salt to taste (नमक)
For the garnish
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania) (धनीया)
2. Pressure cook the kabuli chana. Drain and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
4. Add the oinion, green chilli and saute till onions turns translucent.
5. Add the tomato and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Add kabuli chana, lemon juice and salt. Mix well. Remove from the fire.
7. Sprinkle some water on the poha to moistern it and add it to the kabuli chana mixture.
8. Mix well and garnish with the coriander. Serve hot.
Best Recipe. I loved it. Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipe with us. Buy Spices Online