- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp yogurt (Only for eggless version)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 drops vanilla extract
2. To this mixture add Milk, Butter, Vanilla extract and Beaten Curd (Only if making eggless cake). To make cake with eggs follow next step.
3. Break egg into another small bowl, whisk with a fork and add it to the mixture.
4. Stir well until all ingredients mix well.
5. Pour this mixture in mugs. Make sure microwave safe coffee mugs are used which can hold about 250ml liquid (This recipe is to make two mugs of cakes).
6. Add one mug at a time to the microwave and cook on medium heat (power) for 2 mins.
– This cake is baked in the microwave mode, so no convection mode baking is required.
– Stop cooking the cake when its still a bit fudgy around the edges.
– Wait a while after you take out the cake from microwave. Because it will cook a bit more while cooling down.
– Originally the cake is egg version. I’ve tried both versions and I must say the eggless cake is not as airy and nice as the one with the egg. But Still if you don’t eat eggs, its absolutely acceptable.
– You can add chopped nuts, chocolate chips or sprinkles on the cake to make it more textured.
– An ice-cream or whipped cream will make this cake a great party dessert idea.
– Almost all ceramic mugs can take 2-3 mins in the microwave. But don’t blame me for potential explosions in your kitchen! Be careful what mug you use for this cake.
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings
Image and Recipe Courtsey: Edible Garden (Please visit Edible Garden for more interesting images on this recipe.)