by Arpit, Published: August 28, 2011
This Microwave Badam (Almond) Paneer Recipe is high on taste and is quickly prepared in Microwave.
In most of the home Microwave is used only to re-heat the food, I heard this complaints many a times from couple of my friends. Then why do this expensive piece of box is manufactured and used world wide? The answer is Microwaves are used to quickly cook your food by saving your time, but for this you should know how to use it and how to take most out of this expensive box.
That’s why, we introduce you to this cooked in Microwave recipe. Fresh and soft paneer cubes in a rich almond-based gravy, made colourful and spicy by the addition of tomato purée, dry red chillies and chilli powder. I suggest soaking the dry red chillies and almonds in warm water before using, as this greatly enhances their taste.
Yield: Serves 2
3/4 cup paneer cut into 1/2" cubes (पनीर)
1/4 cup ready-made tomato puree (टोमेटो प्युरी)
a pinch of turmeric powder (हलदी)
1/2 tsp chilli powder (लाल मीर्च)
1/4 tsp garam masala (गरम मसाला)
1/4 tsp cumin seeds powder (जीरा)
1/4 tsp coriander powder (धनिया)
1 tbsp cream (क्रीम) or milk (दूध)
a pinch of sugar (चीनी)
3 tbsp oil (तेल)
salt to taste (नमक)
To be ground to a smooth paste
10 almonds (बदाम)
2 whole dry kashmiri red chillies (लाल मीर्च)
1/4 cup roughly chopped onions (प्याज)
12 mm (1/2") piece of ginger (अदरक)
1/2 tsp roughly chopped garlic (लह्सून)
For the garnish
1/2 tbsp ginger julliennes (अदरक)
1/2 tbsp chopped coriander (धनिया)
2. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Keep aside.
3. Combine the remaining oil and the prepared paste in a microwave-proof bowl, cover with a lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes stirring once in between after 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Add the tomato purée, remaining chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
5. Add the paneer, cream/milk and sugar and microwave on high for 1 minute.
6. Serve hot garnished with ginger and coriander.
Leave a Reply