Chocolate chip cookies are not so easy to resist. But what if we add some nutrition values to it? Yes, we can add some Oatmeals to give this chocolate chip cookies a crunchy and nutritive value. Chocolate Chip cookies are usually treated to be a sinful irresistible indulgence. So we introduce you with this recipe which is not one of those as it also adds iron, protein and fibre to your diet, while pampering your palate with delicious chocolate chips. I would suggest to have it with a glassful of warm milk and I bet you nobody even kids can resist this temptations.
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Baking Time: 25 to 30 mins.
Baking Temperature: 160°C (320°F).
This recipe makes 12 cookies.
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
2/3 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/2 cup grated apples
3/4 cup butter, softened
4 tbsp brown sugar or normal sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1. Lets start by combining all our ingredients except the chocolate chips in a bowl and knead into a dough. This is because if we add chocolate chips while kneading the dough, there are chances that chocolate chips will get dissolved into the dough.
2. When it is ready, add the chocolate chips and knead the dough lightly again.
3. Refrigerate the dough for 15 to 20 minutes and divide it into 12 equal portions. Depending upon your taste buds you can make big or small cookies. I have made medium cookies. Neither too big nor too small.
4. Roll out each portion into a round and flatten it between your palms to make a circle of approximately 6 mm thickness.
5. Place on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C (320°F) for 25 to 30 minutes or till the cookies are golden brown.
6. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
You can store these cookies for 2 to 3 days easily in an air-tight container.