Super snack for super kids! Rolled oats are rich in calcium and folic acid and thus make for a healthy snack.Print
Super snack for super kids! Rolled oats are rich in calcium and folic acid and thus make for a healthy snack.
1. Mix the low fat butter, sugar and salt and beat well using wooden spoon till it is soft and fluffy.
2. Add the oats and mix well.
3. Grease a shallow 175 mm. (7″) square tin and press the mixture evenly into the prepared tin.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Cool slightly in the tin.
6. Mark 4 horizontal and 3 vertical cuts with a sharp knife to get 12 pieces. Leave aside to cool.
7. Loosen round the edges. When firm, break into pieces
Rolled Quick Cooking Oats are available at provision stores under the bland names Baggerrys, Harvest Crunch, Champion etc.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 12 pieces
- Calories: 73
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 95
- Fat: 1.63
- Saturated Fat: 0.863
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.437
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12.54
- Fiber: 0.5
- Protein: 2.3
- Cholesterol: 4
Keywords: rich flap jacks , flap jacks , yummy flap jacks