Poha coated potato and mint croquettes. This couldn’t be easier.
Cooking Time : 8 mins.
Preparation Time : 5 mins.
Makes 20 pieces.
1 cup potatoes, boiled and mashed
1/2 cup mint leaves
2 to 3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
teaspoon roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
salt to taste
For the covering
3 tablespoons plain flour (maida)
1/3 cup poha (flaked rice)
oil for deep frying
1. Combine the potatoes, mint , green chillies, lemon juice, cumin seed powder and salt and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions. Shape into even sized rounds. Keep aside.
3. Combine the flour with a little water to make a thin paste. Keep aside.
4. Grind the poha to a coarse powder in a blender. Keep aside.
5. Dip each potato round in the flour paste and then roll in the powdered poha and coat evenly.
6. Deep fry the potato rounds in hot oil till golden brown.
7. Drain on absorbent paper.
8. Serve hot with sweet chutney.
Leave a Reply